Sunday, August 21, 2011

Jumping into the Blogging World!

Hi everybody and welcome to my little corner of the big wide blogging world.  Here you'll find little bits of things that make me happy like my family, home, scrapbooking, homeschooling, photography, all things Disney, photography and my faith.  

For my first post I want to share a magical experience my husband and I just had at Disney World.  My husband surprised me with a stay at the Grand Floridian resort.  This was a great surprise, but it really was just the beginning of the magic.  Upon check in, we were told that we had been upgraded from a standard room to a concierge level, park view room.  Yes, that's right, a room with a perfect view of the castle with our own private balcony!  Our room was located on a "hidden" floor in the main building just a short, perfumed walkway down from the concierge lounge.  It was amazing!  You did read that right, the hallway was perfumed!  It was a very strong floral scent.  Thankfully though, our room was not perfumed.  I don't think I could have handled that heavy perfume all night, but it sure was nice in the hallway.  



After leaving the hotel, we hopped on the monorail which took us directly to the Magic Kingdom.  It was such a nice and easy way to get to the park.  Since we didn't have the kids with us this time, I had the time to take lots of pictures.  Unfortunately I forgot my tripod, so I was a limited to daylight photos.  I did happen to take this lovely picture of the castle at dusk.



My dear husband was so patient with my photography.  He told me not to worry about him, just to take the pictures I wanted and he'd keep an eye on me and follow me wherever I wanted to go.  Sure enough, I'd get caught up in settings and angles and then turn around thinking I'd lost him in the crowd.  But nope, he was right there waiting there for me and even carried my camera bag.  Isn't he a great guy?  I'm so thankful for such a loving, caring man.   


2 comments:

  1. Wow who is this amazing guy who carried your camera bag?? Oh I must meet him.

    ReplyDelete