Monday, November 7, 2011

Welcome to the 100 Acre Wood

I'd like to share with you all our family's most recent party.  Every once in a while my husband and I like to surprise the kids with a theme party.  Well, on Friday afternoon/evening we visited the 100 Acre Wood right in our own house.  



After dropping the kids off at school Friday morning, I hurried home to begin the transformation.  The first thing to do was remove the furniture from the living room.  After this was done we could begin transforming the living room into the 100 Acre Wood.  I assembled three "trees" from 8" cardboard cement tubes I got from Home Depot.  I simply stacked one on top of the other and taped it really well with packing tape.  Then I wrapped each tube with brown, plastic table cloth sheathing from the party store.  For the tree tops I cut a slit into the center of a round, plastic table cloth and slid these over the tubes.  I secured these to the ceiling with push pins.  



After the "trees" were in place I attached several bees, honeycombs, and butterflies to the ceiling as well to give it a nice festive look.  Finally, I attached a red balloon around one of Pooh's arms and some fishing line to one of his ears.  This I secured to the ceiling with a push pin, and Voila!  A floating Pooh, soaring up to the top of the honey tree.  



The last final touch to make this feel like you were truly entering the 100 Acre Wood was the scene setter back ground on the wall, and some leaves on the floor.  Dan spent a good half hour gathering up fallen leaves that weren't too dirty to spread onto the floor.  I think it gave the room a nice touch. 



Of course what party would be complete without food?  In keeping with the theme of Winnie the Pooh, I found these small honey pots that I used as soup bowls.  Inside was a yummy cheddar and broccoli soup that did resemble honey.  It was a lot of fun pretending we were eating honey out of a real honey pot.  



To go along with our soup, we also enjoyed some sandwiches and of course, some Kerrits!  LOL


To finish our festive meal off, we enjoyed some yummy Pooh cake. 



Everyone enjoyed themselves, including our little dog who made the most adorable, chubby, little bee!!

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to keep an eye out for a layout of this most recent party of ours. 

1 comment: